BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

That which comes upon us in sudden moments

-the instant realization that life is
fragile, the necessity of suffering and
joy in equilibrium - this is my study.

But I cannot focus. The light bursts into
the room where I wait, anxious at the prospect
of waiting for my mom to come out of the drug-
induced coma. Nothing stirs outside the

windows lining the waiting-room, the cars
even seem sullen for their tasks. The world
gasps. And yet my memory rifles through the
years, where moments become pages in

my memory, all that time wasted which stares me
in the face like an old crippled man.
The air shutters. And yet nothing
changes. Conversations bubble over the

room where we are all kept awaiting the
fate of a moment in time. Carmina Burana
marks my time spent here, creating a
musical limbo for my eyes. I close them.

And wait.

0 comments: