BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Italy Post #1

Dear Readers,
I never thought this time would come. I remember in February I would sit at the reference desk in the library, lonely and bored, and dream about being in the Italian countryside. I never thought I would make it to this time; my last semester at Westmont obscured any reality of the summer or even the next semester. I'm through that fog now. And I'm looking at an unfamiliar place, filled with unfamiliar people who speak an unfamiliar language. It's a bit daunting.

There is some part of me that wants to just be there at this very moment. I think its the uncertainty of this whole situation that is making me the most nervous. I don't know what to expect. I don't even know what really to bring and what to buy there (although there has been some help in that area, thanks Allyson!). I don't know what life will be like, if there will be a schedule and a routine, or if every day will be completely unpredictable. I'm hoping for the routine.

But, with only 9 days to go, I'm starting to become nervous and excited at the same time, like the two parts of my emotions are converging into this one jumpy feeling towards Italy that I hope will fade once I get there. I'll find out soon enough.

2 comments:

Global Expeditions said...

cool blog Erika! I'm excited to hear about your journey!

Anonymous said...

Erika . . . how are you doing? How's packing? Are you feeling any less nervous about leaving?