BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Busy Bees

Hello Readers,


  As you read this post, you may be thinking to yourselves, "why has there been a considerable gap of time in which there was no posting"?  To answer this question, dear reader, I will describe the frenzied events of the past week, and maybe then you will be able to sympathize with my procrastination.

  Being a sophomore in college, naturally my weeks are filled with an abundance of classes, tests, papers, and reading, which take up a considerable amount of my time.  In addition to these regular appointments, I have other extracurriculars which eat up even more of my time.  One of these was the chapel band recording session that happened on Monday.  We just did the recording for our upcoming CD (I sing on 3 of the songs!), which took from 6 to 11 at night.  I also have several juvenile hall meetings that go on throughout the week, whether is leading the worship at the Bible study that is on Monday nights, praying for the kids on Tuesday, or going there to play games with the kids on Fridays.  On top of all these activities, I have been rushing around trying to get papers written and forms signed for my application to the Oregon Extension, which has been difficult.

  So, you see dear reader, even though I love to keep you updated on the numerous thoughts running through my head, some things take priority.  But, I will let you know, it does feel good to be back on the computer, releasing some of my thoughts for the first time all week.  Right now I am feeling pretty lonely because all of my friends are attending a musical (Into the Woods) that I saw last week, so I am all by myself doing homework.  Kind of sad, but at least I'm getting it done.  I did have a pretty good week, even though it was busy.  I was getting sick last Sunday (sick to stomach, runny nose, cough) but I got over it by Wednesday, which is a true miracle!  yay!  I also have been trying the whole week to get in touch with both Erik and Julie, both of who will not return my calls!  Grrrrrrr.

  In closing, I want to let all of you who actually read my blog that I really do appreciate you checking up on me and taking the time to read my thoughts.  It means a lot to me.

PS, In response to my previous post, entitled Joy by Surprise, I am willing to address several complaints that I have gotten.  I will not revoke the statements that I put out in that blog, though I must point out that they were not directed at any one in particular.  I also must say that I have enjoyed the care packages that I had received so far.  My point was mainly to inspire relatives to be a little more spontaneous (one way would be to send me a care package!).

1 comments:

Sandy Olson said...

Erika: You said in your post on Joy of Surprise that the comments were not directed at anyone in particular. Let me copy/paste what you wrote:

Unfortunately, I have never received one from my parents. Nor my relatives (except Julie, who sent me a card once). Not only is this horribly disappointing for me, it makes me feel like no one at home cares enough about me to take the time to collect a few trinkets and snacks to surprise me with. And this fact makes me sad.

Not directed at anyone in particular eh??? Sounds pretty direct to me! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and you expect to get future packages?!! HA! mom