BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Ecstasy of Accomplishment

Hello Readers,

  I must first start out this entry with an apology, mostly to you my dear readers.  In the hectic and sometimes stress-fraught schedule which I happen to call my life, I sometimes tend to get behind schedule on things.  This past week was one of those times, when the work keeps on piling up, even though you are speeding your way through Romeo and Juliet while doing your chemistry homework.  This is a period in everyone's life where the left and right lobes of the brain work together, pulling their weight often at the same time.  And, dear readers, it is in this time that I could not tear myself away from all of the piles of homework that clutter up my desk to write you, my beloved friends.  I hope that my apology is warmly taken.

  Now, on to my accomplishment.  It really was quite a feat, and because of this I am extremely proud of myself for the fact that I am finished.  Let me explain myself.  My major American authors class is taught by one of the best profs at Westmont.  This is her last semester here, which is why I am in the class at the moment.  The two hours every TTH that I have spent have been some of the most rich and fulfilling times in my life, the discussion and lectures are absolutely riveting.  At the present we are finishing up Walden, and while this has been a struggle to read, the real test of our knowledge comes with our first big paper.  That's right, 5-7 pages of carefully chosen words, thought-invoking ideas, and tedious editing.  This paper has been said to equal a normal 10-12 page research paper in the amount of work that we should be putting into it.  And guess what......I'm done!  I just finished, and let me tell you, it is a masterpiece.  I have explored every crevice of the chapter on Solitude, teased out the meanings of different words and ideas, dug deep into the rich soil that Thoreau planted his seeds of genius on.  And I'm going to celebrate now by finishing up my other homework, which consists of the whole of Frankenstein and yet another short story by Edgar Allen Poe.  But, before I did this, I decided to write you, my dear readers, because you matter to me.  And I wanted a break from the work.

2 comments:

Sandy Olson said...

Don't forget to clue in your dear readers of the grade you get on that paper!

Erika said...

No problem, I'll let you guys know!