BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 9, 2009

Italy Post #23

Dear Readers,
I want to be honest in this post. Completely honest. There are things that don't come easily to me: triathalons, handstands, giving good advice. But there are other things that I have complete control of that sometimes I just don't want to admit to myself. Its not a power thing; I don't think that admitting I am in incredible pain right now is making me doubt my own abilities. Just sometimes I feel like I whine a lot. And I don't want to be a whiner.

But readers, I'm in pain. My dad says its an inflamed nerve in my left shoulder. It comes and goes. A lot of times it makes it hard to walk, and the pain doesn't reside until I lay down. So I haven't been out of the monastery in days; I haven't played piano this week; I don't go to lunch or dinner any more. I'm confined to my room and the sala, with an occasional trip to the library for class. Its miserable, and yet its a good reality check. I may not have been taking care of my body in the best ways this semester, and now I'm suffering the consequences. And I have to get better. And there is hope of that too; I'm already able to walk all the way down to the first floor without doubling over in pain.

I wanted to let you all know so you could pray. And maybe write (I've had a craving to write letters like no other now that I'm mired to my room), and maybe even send a box of junior mints if you're so inclined. I'll be in touch.

4 comments:

watermoccasin said...

Oh my dear Erika! Mi sento per te, mia cara! I'm going to go home and write you a letter right now! I got your letter yesterday and it completely made my day.

Sandy Olson said...

you have a right to whine...it sounds miserable Erika!! What a horrible stinking disease...wish i could be there to comfort you boo..

Arijaan said...

I so value your honesty. . .I don't see it as complaining at all. I'm praying 2 Cor 12:7-10 for you, trusting that you are becoming more like Christ as you endure. . .but also praying that the pain will subside ASAP!!

Anonymous said...

poor schmoopie!! I'm praying for you sissy!