BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dear Readers,
I hate being considered a kid. In every church/workplace/family reunion/etc. that come along, older people have a hard time relating to me. It's like they have all made this assumption that I would rather talk to no one than to them. If I'm in a place with no other young adults I'm shoved into the "young" category all by myself, stuck in a place where I have the intelligence to reply, but am never asked to.

Right now I'm on the annual Olson family reunion. The two sides of my family combined create a continuum of ages. My twin sister is the youngest on my mom's side (oldest is 28, not tooo old) and I'm the oldest on my dad's side (youngest is 3). While Julie and I have each other, we get lonely being on the outskirts of the spectrum, either too old or young to want to/actually participate in what the others are doing. I'm barely 21 and still am not considered an adult at this family reunion, left to try to construct relationships with my 15 yr old cousins.

Which is why I'm getting used to making my own fun. Like this blog for example, is one of the activities that I can perfect in my free time. It's an exciting life.

0 comments: