BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Future Husband

Dear Readers,
I can't wait until I have a husband (if ever). Yes, I know what you're thinking (Kelsey!): "Why are you thinking about marriage, especially when you don't even have a boyfriend". Alternately, you could have thought: "You don't need a man in your life". And I believe you are right. In every respect, especially since I don't see a man in my future. But there is also something intrinsically imprinted within me that desires someone who is so close that I can tell them anything about me and they will respect it and value it and try within their power to make everything right. And I want that, that closeness and proximity that comes with a spouse.

And yes, I know its not a fairy tale, and I know that there are times when my (insubstantial) husband will not want to listen and vice versa. But there is some part of me that wants to let a person who loves me for all my faults and lackings come into my life and listen to all of the ways in which I fall to my faults and deal with my lackings.

I guess I'll have to settle for a cat. Or a very understanding roommate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking about this a lot actually, and I like the way you captured it here. Let me start off by saying, I think everyone feels this way. There's something so appealing about the idea of never having to worry if you said too much, and never having to explain why you are the way you are because that person already knows. And of course, the idea of the constancy of another person who loves us unconditionally is very powerful. That said, I also think it's very easy to forget that if we expect that of another person, it's only fair for them to expect it from us. It's easy to want someone who loves me unconditionally, but hard to imagine myself loving that way. Finally, as someone who has spent her whole life single and may have to forever, I feel obligated to point out that there is NOT someone out there for everyone, as much as we may wish that wasn't the case. So as I keep reminding myself, we are all whole people with or without a "significant other", and there is still potential for complete happiness even without a spouse.

Anonymous said...

Husband or no husband. As long as he's Jewish with a lovely long face.

Alicia147 said...

haha! a cat...=]

no but seriously, well put. I hear your. lately I find myself wanting someone to just share life with.

(and I'm glad I found your blog!)