BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sons of Issachar


I think most people hate change. Or at least, hate change that is uncomfortable.

Although that's a little bit of a blanket statement - there is a broad range on this spectrum. A perfect example of this is the difference between me and the people at my church. They freak out the most minor adjustment in the schedule or mistake in the bulletin, while it takes a little more to get me to speak up.

And I guess that's something that I've been learning lately. We all go through seasons in life. But sometimes its hard to change seasons. I get so used to wearing shorts, that it shocks me the day I step outside and into a puddle.

One of the biggest things I'm learning right now is that my time with God can go through seasons, and that its OK. The past year I've become so dependent on connecting with God through visions. Every day would be just me and God, me and God, me and God. We'd spend time walking on the beach, eating lunches together, sitting in our garden. And I loved it. And I miss it.

God's brought me into a new season. And I've been holding on so tightly to those visions, to that super-tangible way of experiencing God's presence. I know that I can go back there at any point, I know that God lives inside of me. And yet....

So what's the new season? It took me about a month to figure out what was going on, but I've realized that God has placed inside me a deep love and longing for His word, which is something that I've never had! It exciting, especially since I've started memorizing verses, which has already come in handy. Now, if only I can get to be like the sons of Issachar, who understood the times and knew what Israel should do..... Maybe this season will be followed by a season of prayer. That can be first on the list. :0)

0 comments: