BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Christian Worker


I really don't know why I'm up right now. Does anyone else have those nights where you just toss and turn for hours, and then the only thing you think that will calm you down is some music, but you're roommate is sleeping so you're forced to go downstairs to sit on the computer and wait for your body to calm down? Unfortunately, those nights are almost all my nights at the moment, but I have faith that one day I won't have to deal with any sort of insomnia.

One of the things that has been pricking at my brain for a few weeks now is a new job I accepted at a church in Goleta called Light and Life. Funny enough, that's the church that shares Christ Lutheran's building, so basically I work for 2 churches but don't have to leave the property. Convenient.

It just blows my mind that the Lord seems to be drawing me into the church - aren't the people outside of the church those that need Christians? Isn't it basic logic, or even just plain common sense, that strong Christians need to be out in the world saving the lost and loving the broken-hearted?

And yet....

Here I am, comfy cosy in not one, but two congregations, and really am enjoying my work at both churches. Its a blessing to see how each church works, how they go about their business, how and who gets things done. And I love being in the church in general, surrounded by people who at least agree that Jesus is Lord with their lips. Now that's the sticky thing inside the church: how do you mentor and help someone who needs a spiritual revolution in their life, who needs to meet Jesus face to face and repent? How do you lead people into a deep, personal, intimate, loving, beautiful, captivating relationship with a stranger they don't know?

So I guess that's the weight upon my shoulders right now, but I get the kids, so I get to ask all those questions in light of how it would effect the kids. And I guess that would be my goal for this next year: to help them understand what it means to have a relationship with the Lord, how to personally know Jesus, how to feel His Love and His Grace in your life. Exciting stuff!

0 comments: