BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Addicted to Coffee(shops?)


I just got offered another interview for a job today. My first thought was "The Lord's favor is so with me!" But, now that I'm up late, sleepless but determined not to take a sleeping pill, I'm rethinking that statement. Yes, its awesome to be considered for a job position, and even more exciting to get one! But I think I might be addicted to that feeling, or at least on my way. As exciting as a new job offer is, the fact remains = you have to do the work. And I'm not sure that I want to add anything else to my plate at the moment - its pretty full already.

One reason I'm considering taking this job (if its offered), is that I loved my experience at Coffee Bean. I loved my boss, loved my co-workers, loved the customers, loved making the drinks, loved scrubbing the toilet . . . . OK, that might be taking it a little too far, but you get the point. I had a really good experience in Carp, and sometimes I wish I could go back. And I know that I've been more and more drawn into the church recently, which has been amazing in and of itself. But I really felt like I was making a difference at Coffee Bean, as strange as that sounds.

Another reason I have to face this job is that I have a really hard time saying no. Boo! I wish I just knew what I wanted and that was that. But I'm that person at the buffet who has to get 3 plates of food because I want to try everything! And anytime a job is offered to me, I'm like "I can totally do that!" But its not about if I can do it, or even what it would be like - I want to live a manageable life.

That was one of my problems with the secretarial positions I held at Hope 4 Kids. I hated rushing around, throwing together my work at Christ Lutheran, then getting home and feeling too tired to do anything.

So I guess the question boils down to - have I learned my lesson? In a sense, only time will tell ;0)

0 comments: