BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Italy Post #20

Dear Readers,
We've reached number 20!!! How exciting! Well, dear readers, its that time again. The time when the clock starts to move faster, the rain seems to fall a little harder, the colors on the chrysanthemums don't look quite as bright. That's right, its finals week. I have: 1 poem due tomorrow, 5 revisions due Thursday, and a banquet to follow it all. But don't feel sorry for me; think of the poor drawing students who have to work outside in the freezing cold, drawing straight lines with wobbly fingers. heh heh

Its been a pretty uneventful week though, sorry to say. Oh, although there has been one bright spot: I'm going to Ireland!!! yessss! I'm so excited! Even just today I read some Eavan Boland and my heart fluttered with joy at the thought of being in the green fields and blue skies of the island. Now, just to get through the next week.

In other news (sorry, this is a bunch of random thoughts): I'm going to Padua this weekend! The past few weeks have been a bunch of disappointments: first mom and Kiki couldn't make it out, then Bailey cancelled on me (both for good reasons, but still...). I didn't have any plans for this weekend, but then suddenly my whole weekend was made free so I was kinda left in the lurch. But the drawing students are so wrapped up with work that they didn't make plans either, so I'm either making just a day trip there, or I'm going on Friday to Padua and then to Cortona on Sunday. There is apparently a great chocolate festival in Padua and I have a friend in Cortona.

So, my friends, do not fret: my spirits have been lifted. Sort of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHH! Chocolate festival! That sounds yummy! Eat some for me!

BCC Odyssey said...

Way to go Erika...love your spontaneous attitude...so have fun in Padua. Very disappointed here as well about not being there....but at least you are there. Before you know it you will be back in Cali and probably longing for Italy...so enjoy every minute, while you can. (Probably don't need to tell you...you seem to be doing a fine job of it:>) Love you xoxo

Sandy Olson said...

so how do you compare the chocolate festival in Oakdale to the one in Italy??

Erika said...

Italy - much better, but not as much free chocolate!!! Highlight - the big plastic chocolate bar climbing wall!