BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Italy Post #15

Dear Readers,
I want your honest opinion: do you like reading my poetry? Since taking this poetry class, I've had to write a lot of poems, some I liked and some I wanted to ground up in the garbage disposal. I like to post my best ones for advice or comments, both positive and negative. But no one seems to comment. I've constructed 2 possible answers for this situation: 1. No one actually reads my blog and just follows it to seem like they are good friends/family. 2. Everyone is shy of commenting. But, here's the thing readers: I LOVE comments! When I see that 3 people have commented on my blog, I get this warm bubbly feeling inside, like my heart is growing in size just a little. Its so exciting to hear what you guys have to say, plus it makes this blog into more of a conversation than a monologue.

So, let me know what you think of my poetry, whether you'd like to see more or less. Or what I should write about if not the world around me as I see it. Its yours to comment on.

Newest Poem (a sonnet):

The Annunciation

It must have filled her with terror to see
him towering there, white wings spread against
the star-clothed sky. She did not ask or even need
a sanction of divine favor, the recompense
for a plan nailed into place long before
her eyes had first fluttered. The situation -
a name ingrained in her flesh - whore,
adulteress. Angels waiting in trepidation
did not know what they asked. Gabriel paced
the shimmering air; time came in bated breaths
from her quaking lungs. Finally a word braced
the night with slender sound, a quiet “yes”
following cracks of thunder - he was gone
leaving her to decide if she chose wrong.

4 comments:

Finestra said...

You're really into the Annunciation, aren't you? Why is that? Do you have to write about it for class or have you found a sudden interest in it?

I like to read your poetry... I feel like some of it needs work, but I like reading it...

But I never want to comment about what about it I like or I don't like, because I don't like criticizing people's work to them unless I can thoroughly explain my reasoning. So maybe that's some of it?

Caitlin said...

don't stop! I like reading it. and I do comment on some of it, just not everything. but I do like it. I love comments as well though! they seriously make my day.
and don't think I don't read it. you are part of the group of blogs I check daily ;)

Bailey said...

I love reading it, so don't stop! I don't usually comment on it because I don't feel qualified, since it is a million times better than my (nonexistent) poetry.

Anonymous said...

DO NOT STOP! I love it so much, and you're amazing :)