BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Where are you going?

Dearest Readers,

What can I say? I've neglected you. I've neglected the voice inside me too. At least, have neglected to give myself a voice in cyberspace. Sometimes that's a good thing though, I do find myself quite thankful that not all of my innermost thoughts and feelings are on display for anyone and everyone to peruse. But I have neglected this blog, partly because I couldn't figure out how to find it. But it's found! And while I can't promise that I won't lose it again (seriously, how does that even happen?!), I can say that I'm happy to have it back. And who know, maybe I'll make a little more effort on posting here again! I mean, miracles do happen, right?

Ahhh, readers, it's so good to look back at the things I've written! What a confidence boost - I found myself actually liking and laughing at what I had to say back in the day!! Sometimes the things I write are so fresh and close to me that I can't really judge them with a true eye. And like most people (I think), I tend to be my worst critic. But, apparently, I'm not as bad of a writer as I thought! Hallelujah!

But I have been doing a little writing of my own lately. Mostly ghost-writing for people, although I know that one day I'll have a book or two out there written completely by me. And who knows? Maybe it could be even more. I guess you never know what God has planned, and for some reason, I've always felt like writing would be involved. Or at least, something creative. Because, ya know, I'm the creative type (wink, wink). Haha!

But really readers, what can I say? Life has been good recently. Hard. Very hard. I've just been facing some big, life-altering questions that I'm pretty sure that most people have to face one day. For example, one thing I've been facing has been whether or not to take an opportunity that would take me out of Santa Barbara. The decision was basically made from the get-go though, so I'll be grabbing that outstretched leadership position and make the move in a month or two. Really, only God knows when. And who knows, things can always change.

Well readers, I'd love to update you more, but time is ticking here and I need to get to bed. I'm very glad I've found you again though, and that I've found my thoughts and feelings from so long ago. Sometimes it's so good to look back and remember where the Lord has taken you, and how crazily he works that loom so that the fabric of your life fits so perfectly into his masterpiece. Looking back always reminds me of one quote from the Bible that always haunts me: When Hagar, abused by Sarai, runs away into the desert with Ishmael, an angel of the Lord meets her and asks her, "Where have you come from? And where are you going?" Good questions, right there. I have no idea.

0 comments: