BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dreaming with God

Dear Readers,
On Easter Sunday I had the wonderful opportunity to be alone in a car for 6 hours. I had been in Oakdale for the weekend, but the drive had to be done both ways by myself, and while I spent the first one alternating between listening to an audiobook and singing at the top of my lungs, the trip back was a little different. I did finish the audio book, but when I stopped for gas I noticed a simple text message from a friend that said "The Holy Spirit is with you."

And for some reason, that released me. While He was there all along, I felt the heavy presence of the Lord when I got back in the car. So I turned off the stereo, sat back and relaxed in the bath of the Holy Spirit. And it was amazing - driving around those golden hills, sweeping through valleys and cresting hills, I saw my future laid before me. And it was beautiful.

It's hard for me not to get impatient for these times to come. I know that there is a point at which everything is going to blow up! And in the past year, things have blown up for me - now I have a church that I love, friends upon friends, leadership positions, community like I've never known it before. And yet...there are still parts of the puzzle missing.

And maybe that's what dreams are for - strength for today and bright hope...glistening hope....for tomorrow.

0 comments: