BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 18, 2010

In the Morning Light


Dear Readers,
Doesn't everything look better in morning light? I'm convinced that I could wake up early every day of my life and be satisfied just because of the light in the morning. I believe it was Henry David Thoreau who talked about how men would bottle up morning air because it was so healthy and sell it to those who slept in late. Everything seems more attainable in morning light; you have a whole 24 hours ahead of you, but only a few hours to enjoy the sense of a fully-realized day before the sun moves and all you have is a blue sky and hours of work ahead of you.

But readers, even better is the morning light that is obstructed by gray clouds. Its the perfect excuse to stay home and enjoy a good book with a steaming cup of tea while watching the rain. That may be one of my favorite things on earth to do. Unfortunately though, you need a good window, something which I currently do not have. I have a window. It, sadly, doesn't look out onto a picturesque lake, or mountains, or even a meadow. No, I get to see all of the other apartments. Yay. But readers, I have a dream that one day a lake or mountain (or better - both!) will be outside my window one day, covered in sheets of rain so I can have that beautiful light bathing my surroundings and be in the moment when life seems to be taking its time so I can have that one perfect day of reading/tea drinking.

But for now, all I can do is turn off all the lights in my room (my house-mate just came in and told me it was like a cave) and listen to the sound of the rain hitting the pavement outside my window.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Sorry I denigrated your morning light experience.

Sandy Olson said...

i never thought about morning light versus afternoon or sunset types of lighting...each has their beauty to me but i like your thoughts...mornings are my favorites but i do love a great sunset too! i think too that in the mornings you are fresh and rested and there is a certain peace and tranquility about it all...

Alicia147 said...

:] ok, so I know that this is the complete opposite of your point, but...the first part of your blog reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gzmoUHrQ4

also...is your poem ready?? :D